Online Publications

See some of Saul Fenchel's eminent domain articles covering various subjects in Eminent Domain Condemnation.

Can I get relocation expenses?

Print PDF

The property owner (including tenants) – be it residential or commercial property – is entitled to certain reimbursement and assistance to accomplish relocation. The reimbursable relocation expenses can include moving and storage expenses, relocation and reinstallation of fixtures, as well as expenses to obtain government approvals for operation at a new location. The extent of the government’s obligation to pay for relocation expenses may depend on the source of the funding involved in the government project.

Back to FAQ list