Online Publications

See some of Saul Fenchel's eminent domain articles covering various subjects in Eminent Domain Condemnation.

Can I claim where only a part of my property is taken?

Print PDF

Where only a portion is taken (i.e., known as a “partial taking”), the property owner may also be entitled to claim damages to the part not taken (i.e., the property left after a partial taking is known as the “Remainder Property”). These are known as “indirect” damages and also “severance” or “consequential” damages.

Back to FAQ list